Snoopy, The Peanuts Sunday Comic Strip, And Our Skyrocketing $13 Trillion Countrywide Financial debt
Modern information stories remind me of an old Sunday Peanuts comedian strip. Snoopy is out jogging 1 day when his knees get started to complain about the punishment they are getting from the jog. The ft then chime in about how they are getting the most pounding and how considerably they hurt. The lungs then volunteer that they are absorbing the most punishment given that they have to work so difficult pumping air into the overall body. The ears even complain about how chilly they are and why were being they outside the house jogging in any case. At that point, the heart claims anything to the impact that they are jogging for the heart’s profit since if the heart goes, every thing goes. At that point, all overall body components go silent and the jog continues.
So it goes with the Federal budget deficit and our skyrocketing nationwide financial debt.. If we can not take care of our fiscal situation, nothing else matters. A lot like the heart, if the monetary basis of our region is ruined, then nothing else has any significance. You can not even converse about global warming, a nationwide power plan, improving upon general public colleges, preventing drug habit, defending the region, encouraging out the needy, creating and protecting work advancement and economic advancement, nothing else. If the heart goes, it does not issue how robust your legs are or how considerably air your lungs can pump. A lot like the heart, audio fiscal plan makes every thing else feasible.
The severity of our fiscal distress was recently introduced to intellect again although reading through the May well 31, 2010 situation of Business Week magazine. In a small blurb, Business Week asserted that complete U.S. financial debt, as of May well 26, was $twelve.996 TRILLION. Specified that we are now previous that date, I consider it is safe to believe we have damaged via the $13 TRILLION threshold. What does this indicate:
– At $13 TRILLION, the normal U.S. domestic is on the hook for about $113,000 worthy of of government financial debt. Due to the fact the government does not produce prosperity, it can only confiscate prosperity from its citizens, at some point we are all responsible for paying down this financial debt.
– At $13 TRILLION, just about every male, girl, and child in the region is responsible for about $forty two,000. Consequently, a relatives of four is on the hook for about $168,000.
– The Obama administration’s 10 year budget program calls for one more $8 TRILLION or so in financial debt to be amassed by the Federal government, boosting just about every household’s financial debt burden to about $a hundred seventy five,000 if nothing is performed to transform the pattern.
– Previous summer months, Forbes magazine ran an post wherever they approximated the complete prosperity of the four hundred richest People. As an illustrative instance of how major the Federal financial debt is, believe that the Federal government confiscated the complete prosperity of these four hundred People. Their complete prosperity, not their profits, so this confiscation would be a 1 time shot. The complete prosperity that could be confiscated was approximated by Forbes in the post to be much less than $3 TRILLION. Consequently, soaking and bankrupting the rich will not occur near to paying down this skyrocketing financial debt, just about every U.S. living and to be born in the foreseeable upcoming, is responsible for a significant element of this $13 TRILLION.
– From a independence point of view, you can not are living in a absolutely free region if the political course and the government in that region burden you with this sort of financial debt. By running up this sort of a substantial deficit, a deficit that we will all have to fork out down or experience the outcomes of default, we eliminate our independence to spend our prosperity on what we want to spend it on. We can not send out our young children to a greater college, get started our individual business, retire when we want to, assist out a charity or blow it all in Las Vegas.
Give the dire situation of our county’s heart and upcoming, what has the political course been preserving on their own chaotic with in the previous year or so:
– Congresswoman Anna Eshoo of California and her staff members were being chaotic doing the job on laws to Federally control the audio quantity on tv commercials. Hardly ever intellect that Tv set watchers can mute the audio, transform the channel, go away the area to get anything to take in, quickly forward on their DVR devices, or just ignore the Tv set for 60 seconds. Why work on soaring deficits (and other key nationwide issues) when the Tv set business audio quantity situation is so urgent?
– Congressman Jim Moran and his staff members were being chaotic investigating whether male dysfunction tv commercials should be banned. I did not know this was so important both. As with Ms. Eshoo, let us ignore true budget and monetary difficulties facing The usa and work on E.D. commercials.
– Congressman Thaddeus McCotter and his staff members were being chaotic doing the job on laws to offer up to $300 a thirty day period in profits tax deductions so that the unemployed do not have to set their pets up for adoption. Maybe if his staff members and he were being doing the job on how to get The usa doing the job again, which would maximize tax profits to fork out down the deficit, there would be no need for this ridiculous plan that would under no circumstances be in a position to be tracked and would be rife with fraud.
– Hawaiian Senator Daniel Inouye’s and his staff members have been chaotic encouraging a financial institution in Hawaii get bailout dollars from the FDIC following the FDIC determined the financial institution was not worthy of conserving. Turns out that the Senator experienced invested intensely in the financial institution and stood to eliminate a load of dollars unless of course the financial institution was saved by the American taxpayer.
– Ex-Congressman William Jefferson of Louisiana was chaotic having convicted of getting bribes and was sentenced to 13 decades in jail. You could recall that Mr. Jefferson was caught with frozen bribe dollars in his household freezer.
– Also, Congressman Randy Cunningham was chaotic having sentenced to eight decades in jail for getting $two.four million in bribes, Congressman Bill Ney was chaotic having sentenced to two and a 50 % decades in jail for getting bribes, Congressman James Traficant was chaotic having sentenced to 7 decades in jail for getting bribes, and the vast majority of ex-Governors of Illinois were being both chaotic serving jail time, have served jail time, or could shortly confront jail time.
– 60% of the Congressional members sitting down on the Household Armed Solutions Committee were being chaotic acquiring marketing campaign contributions from the pretty companies that they experienced earlier earmarked pork barrel budget dollars for.
– Congressman Charles Rangel of New York was chaotic currently being investigated for a quantity of ethics violations together with, but not restricted to, non-declaration of rental profits, selected assets, and other profits.
– Fifty Republican Congressmen and women were being developing laws to change Ulysses S. Grant’s photograph on the $fifty monthly bill with Ronald Reagan’s photograph. Specified that all U.S, forex will shortly be worthless unless of course the nationwide financial debt is introduced less than command, this looks like a pretty worthless endeavor.
– Each member of Congress has been chaotic in the improvement of the in excess of eleven,000 wasteful earmarks and pork barrel spending programs, in the latest Federal budget, for their household states and districts, the huge vast majority of which are nothing far more than re-election badges for incumbents and all of which exacerbate the substantial government deficit.
Consequently, rather than fixing the 1 key problem on which all else depends, many members of the political course selected to work issues that would in all probability not even make America’s top rated fifty fears (Tv set commercials and doggie deductions), were being chaotic getting bribes and/or serving time for getting bribes, or were being chaotic diverting taxpayer dollars to their individual own profit. Having back again to the Snoopy and Peanuts analogy, these politicians are chaotic putting earmuffs on chilly ears and or tightening up their scarves although the overall body is in the center of a massive coronary.
That is why it is crucial to vote out all incumbents in November and area into office environment a new breed of politician that realizes what the key difficulties are facing this region, with fiscal soundness currently being the most crucial. We need new reps that can choose unselfish, bold motion to take care of and address individuals difficulties. Listen to Snoopy, take care of the heart initially and then every thing else is feasible.…